You may have noticed some surveying works on the corner of University Street and Huntley Street. These works are to confirm the location of the underground tunnel that connects the Macmillan Cancer Centre to the former Rosenheim Building and University College Hospital.
These works have been brought forward slightly to fit in with UCL’s own timetable for utility works (as mentioned at the last meeting). Now that the surveying work has been completed, Reach Active will be carrying out the main works. Traffic management measures will be put in place from tomorrow – Tuesday 31st March – to facilitate this.
Reach Active will dig a trench approximately 2m wide x 5m long in front of the Macmillan Cancer Centre on University Street. This will require part of the carriageway to be closed at this point, followed by the pavement section. There will be traffic management measures in place so that vehicles can easily get past the working area. A parking bay and motorcycle bay outside of the Jeremy Bentham and Changing Faces will be suspended to allow vehicles to pass the working area.
The works will take place from tomorrow, Tuesday 31st March until 6pm Thursday 2nd April. There will be a pause over the Easter bank holiday from Friday 3rd April until Monday 6th April. The work will then restart on Tuesday 7th April and will be completed by Saturday 11th April.
Working hours for main works will be restricted to between 8am and 6.30pm, although traffic management measures usually get put out early in the morning before the congestion zone begins.
Hopefully this will have minimal impact (if any) on residents of Paramount Court, however please let me know if there are any issues and we will try to resolve them with the contractor.
Key points for Paramount Court residents:
- Utility diversions due to take place in front of the Cancer Centre on University Street.
- Work will take place 31st March – 2nd April and 7th April – 11th April. There will be a break over Easter.
- Working hours will be 8am – 6.30pm, though traffic management measures will be put out earlier than this at the start of the works.
- The excavations will require drills and may be noisy. We will try to minimise this where possible.
- The motorcycle bay and parking bay in front of Jeremy Bentham and Changing Faces will be suspended while the works take place.
If you have any queries at all please feel free to give me a call on 020 7036 3535.